ANNAPURNA BASE CAMP
Annapurna I (8091m) is the highest point along a 55 km barrier in the Central Himalaya that includes no less than 14 peaks above 7000m. The western end of the ridge is separated from Dhaulagiri by the world's deepest gorge. The Annapurna Base Camp trek takes you to the heart of the Annapurna Sanctuary, a place of gigantic beauty, where the Annapurna massif and the beautiful and unclimbed Macchapuchare cradle you among snowfields and glaciers.
April and October
Look at doing the Annapurna Circuit
1. Pokhara offers quick accessibility from Kathmandu and offers multiple accommodation options.
2. Wide views from Poon Hill enroute to ABC
3. Close view of Mt. Machapuchare for several days on the trail
4. Better quality lodges as compared to the EBC
5. Dramatic view of southern face of Annapurna from ABC
6. No significant issues related to acclimatisation as compared to EBC